PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
Foreigners who have a work permit for a period of 12 months or more are entitled to temporary residence cards according to the regulations, the duration of the temporary residence card depends on the validity of the work permit.
- For investors being individuals, there must be documents evidencing that foreigners contribute capital to or invest in enterprises in Vietnam (business registration certificates or investment registration certificates ..)
- For individual workers:
- Passport of foreigner must be valid at least 13 months.
- Foreigners must carry out procedures for temporary residence registration at the police office at commune or ward in accordance with regulations of Vietnam;
- For a foreigner who has a work permit, the work permit must be a minimum of one year (12 months).
- For cases where foreigners are exempted from work permits or do not fall into the cases where work permits must be issued, they must have a written certification of the labor agency’s permit for exemption from work permits.
- For cases where a foreigner has a Vietnamese spouse, a marriage registration certificate is required for the case of marriage registration in Vietnam and written marriage notes in case of marriage abroad.
- In cases where foreigners which have parents being Vietnamese citizens, a birth certificate or other documents proving the relationship between parents and blood relations with Vietnamese parents.
- Copy of Investment Certificate
- Copy of Business Registration
- Form NA6 – Application for temporary residence card
- Form NA8 – Temporary residence card application form
- Form NA16 – seal specimen registration
- Work permits or certifications of foreigners working in Vietnam are not subject to the granting of work permits
- Original Passport
- Letter of recommendation for Vietnamese staff to apply for temporary residence card at Immigration Office.
- Certificate of temporary residence registration or temporary residence book of the foreigner certified by the police of the ward or commune where the foreigner resides temporarily in Vietnam.
- Photo 2cmx3cm: Attached 02 units
Processing time: 05 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid documents.
- Competent Authority
Depending on the office of the company where the foreign worker is located in the province or city and depending on which agency issuing the work permit is the agency that determines the filing Files and procedures for issuing temporary residence cards at the Administration of Immigration or Immigration Management Department.
Should you have any questions and need specific legal advice, please do not hesitate to contact us:
INCO MINH ANH CO., LTD
Email: [email protected]
Look forward to cooperate with you in future.