The process for establishing foreign-invested language center in Vietnam
In the last article: Conditions for establishing a foreign-invested language center in Vietnam, Inco Minh Anh Law Firm advised foreign investors on the conditions to establish a foreign language center. With foreign investment capital in Vietnam, in this article, we will guide investors through the process for establishing foreign-invested language center.
Step 1: Issuing Certificate of Investment Registration for Target Project Establishing a Foreign Language Center
Investors who want to establish a foreign language center by themselves, without joint ventures or association with Vietnamese individuals or organizations must first apply for an Investment Registration Certificate. In the process of applying for an investment registration certificate, the investment registration certificate-issuing agency must obtain appraisal opinions from the Department of Education and Training because it is related to the training program, network planning educational institution.
The list of dossiers is as prescribed in Article 31 of the Investment Law 2020. The contents of the dossier must satisfy all conditions for foreign-invested foreign language centers according to Decree 86/2018/ND- CP and Circular 21/2018/TT-BGDDT. For details, see the article: Conditions for establishing a foreign-invested language center in Vietnam.
Step 2: Establish a project management business Establish a foreign language center
The foreign investor shall submit an application to the Business Registration Office where the Foreign Language Center operates, the dossier includes:
- Business registration application form.
- Company rules.
- List of founding members/shareholders
- A copy of the individual’s legal papers, for members being an individual, the legal representative;
- A copy of the organization’s legal papers for members being an organization and the document appointing an authorized representative; legal papers of individuals for authorized representatives of members being organizations.
- A copy of the Investment Registration Certificate for foreign investors in accordance with the Law on Investment.
Step 3: Apply for a decision on permission for education and announce it on the website of the licensing agency
After a foreign investor has obtained an Investment Registration Certificate, an Enterprise Registration Certificate, fully meets the prescribed conditions and has a regulation on organization and operation of the Foreign Language Center, then apply for a decision to permit educational activities at the Department of Education and Training where its head office is located. List of records include:
- Application form for registration of educational activities
- Copy of IRC, BRC
- Regulations on organization and operation of educational institutions
- Report on the implementation of investment projects
- Explanatory report of eligibility
- Attached documents:
- List of principals (directors), vice-chancellors (deputies of directors), heads of faculties, departments, and chief accountants;
- List and personal curriculum vitae of officials, teachers, lecturers (organic, visiting);
- Description of education level, training level, training major;
- Curriculum, teaching plan, study materials, list of textbooks and key references;
- Enrollment subjects, regulations and enrollment time;
- Training regulations;
- Training scale (students);
- Regulations on tuition fees and related fees;
- Regulations on examination, assessment and recognition of completion of subject programs, modules, and training levels;
- Sample diplomas and certificates will be used.
In fact, it is very difficult for foreign investors to impliment Process for establishing foreign-invested language center in Vietnam by themselves. Inco Minh Anh Law Company Limited – Law firm specializing in Investment, enterprises are ready to guide and advise on investment-related issues, on behalf of foreign investors to carry out procedures with state agencies.